Monday, November 23, 2009

WattWaiter: One review coming up


After completing my web app GreenSmart described in my previous post I looked at other groups' systems and did a review of the WattWaiter system. I used some guidelines for this review and the entire review can be found at the link at the bottom of this post.

Some of the things I noticed about this system was how nice the web page looked and the robustness of the system itself. The page looks professional and I liked the use of colored flags as an indicator of the level of carbon intesity. They created their own logo and incorporated a nice style into their page so it did not look bland. Also, no matter what bad data I input into their system I could not break it and the bad data was handled correctly.

Some things about the system that could be improved would be the layout of the results and the descriptiveness of what the results mean. It would be easier to read if all the data was in one column instead of two for easy viewing and be able to fit in a single frame. There is also the problem of understandability because the only results given is a number of the hour and a colored flag. Another reason to include more information about what the flags mean would be the fact that some people are colorblind and would have absolutely no idea what the flags are there for.

Overall I was very impressed with the WattWaiter system and I look forward to seeing the kinds of improvements they will be able to make in the next version.

Read my entire review: WattWaiter Review

0 comments:

Post a Comment