Monday, January 25, 2010

Kukui Cup Competition: Brainstorm

After researching about other dorm energy competitions, the Kukui Cup Competition Design group held our first team meeting where we discussed the content of the design and engaged in some brainstorming. I realized that there is a lot more work involved in this project than I had originally thought and there are many things we still need to get straightened out. We talked mostly about the content of the system but we did not get to the use cases yet. We also talked about the prizes that would be given out as incentive during the competition but without knowing how our budget is going to look, we could not make concrete decisions.

A couple days ago I emailed Balsamiq about our competition project and they were kind enough to let me use a license for this project for free! I love supporting companies that I feel have good products as well as good ethics. If I ever have to use products in the future I will be sure to purchase it from Balsamiq because I like their philanthropic spirit, as one commentator put it. Here is their company blog about donating their software: link. Hopefully by next week I can already have initial mockups using the Balsamiq software.

0 comments:

Post a Comment